The Different States We Have Ridden In

Our Planned Route

Our Planned Route
This is how our trip is mapped out.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Tucumcari, NM - 340 Miles

Woke up to a beautiful morning as you will see. It took almost an hour to take all the ice off the bike. Battery was weak because of the cold and I was afraid it would not start, but it did. At the start it was a chilly 42. I have to admit, I messed up. Today our scheduled stop is Irving, TX, since we canceled that we should have ridden farther and for some unknown reason I thought we had an extra day and so we had an easy short day. It hit me after we have checked in to KOA in Tucumcari and have unloaded the bike that by Tuesday night we should be in Memphis. So tomorrow is probably a catch up day. Internet connection is really slow, I'll post pictures when we have a better connection.








 Albuquerque, NM way in the distance.


A couple we met at Gallup and waited out the weather. They are from Central CA and riding to Wisconsin on their Goldwing and pulling a trailer.




View from Tucumcari KOA.


Opted for for a cabin as we have to leave early and head for Oklahoma City, OK. I'll explain on next post.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the delay will be good. News is Memphis is flooded due to stormy weather. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albq is my hometown. Crazy weather u guys r having. Stay safe! Love reading the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey were you guys racing that Honda? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know you're from Albuquerque, nice city. It was cold when we rode by.

    No, not racing the Wing, we actually passed them twice. The trailer slowed them down due to wind. Good people from Central CA.

    ReplyDelete