The Different States We Have Ridden In

Our Planned Route

Our Planned Route
This is how our trip is mapped out.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trinidad, CO - 508 Miles

Got up around 6:30 AM this morning, Oklahoma City still busy with the aftermath of the tornado. I can't believe how destructive that can be. Went for complimentary breakfast. This was not just a continental breakfast, this was an actual buffet breakfast. Way to go Best Western.

Soon after breakfast, I asked the receptionist if I can get a ride from the Rental Car place at the airport back to the hotel. This is because the BMW shop does not open till 10:00 AM. The lady at the counter called their driver and told him to pick me up at the airport. Nice service. I was back at the hotel at 8:15. Waited till 10:00, now it's 10:15, no word from BMW. Walked back to the Hotel lobby and asked if someone could give me a ride to the shop, which was 2 blocks away. They called the shuttle but he was out, they said don't worry, we'll take the van. So off we went. Excellent service.

Got to the shop and the bike is on its test drive, moments later the mechanic shows up and it's good to go. Wooohoooo. Packed up the LT, man that's a lot of stuff. Thank and said goodbye to the guys at the shop.

On the road again.... Finally. At 11:00 AM.

After yesterday's tornado, what a beautiful day.



Entering Texas from Oklahoma.



Texas scenery from the I-40.


Texas Rest Area, it would not fit in one picture. As they say everything is big in Texas.



This is now on Hwy. 287 heading North to Dumas, TX.


Wide open spaces, lots of bugs too.



Good place for windmills, lot of wind here.



A different perspective.


This is actually the back of the train.


It went on forever, I could not get the front as it went into town a few miles up the road.


Re-entering New Mexico from Hwy. 87.


New Mexico scenery from the highway.



A different train, this time the front.






Entering Colorado from I-25 North. I can't believe I missed the Welcome to Colorado sign.








Tomorrow, headed north to Littleton, CO and spend a couple of days with my brother Ben and his family. I hope the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment