The Different States We Have Ridden In

Our Planned Route

Our Planned Route
This is how our trip is mapped out.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Las Vegas, NV - 448 Miles

A near perfect riding day, 41 degrees as we leave Gallup, NM. Started the ride at 7:30 AM Mountain Daylight Time. We decided to go to Las Vegas, NV because of a complimentary stay we received on one of the hotels. Made our way from I-40 to Kingman, AZ and then North on Hwy. 93. Arrived in Vegas and around 1:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time and it was hot.


An almost disastrous thing happened along Hwy. 93. I pulled over to check the bags on the top trunk rack. Made sure the ROK straps were tight. The only place I could park was not paved. Wilma was afraid to board  the bike while it was on dirt and she made her way to the road. As I maneuver to go back to the black top. Front tire caught some deep sand and down she goes (the bike). A couple saw me go down and ran to help, saying "we have Harleys and it happens all the time."

The husband helped me lift the beast from the left side, and we succeeded. Now the problem was the front tire had dug in to the sand. I put the bike on reverse, to the surprise of the couple, I straightened out the handlebar and got back on the road.

All is well with the LT, me too.

Too bad I forgot to take pictures. It's actually funny... now.

Leaving Gallup, NM



Did not take long to get to Arizona.



Saw a lot of trains on this stretch of I-40.


This looks like an interesting place.


Scenery on I-40 heading West towards Flagstaff.


This is looking South.


Flagstaff, AZ is near that snow-capped mountain.


Another train.


Flagstaff, AZ.





Good morning ladies and gentlemen, it will be a long and comfortable ride, feel free to relax and take a nap perhaps. Just shows how nice the LT rides.


Nearing Kingman, AZ.


Kingman, AZ is out there.


Hwy 93 nearing AZ/NV State Line.


Lots of riders on Hwy. 93.


Hoover Dam.





Entering Nevada.


Entering Las Vegas.


Tomorrow we head home to Corona, CA. I doubt pictures will be taken as we've seen I-15 both ways, to and from Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment