The Different States We Have Ridden In

Our Planned Route

Our Planned Route
This is how our trip is mapped out.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Knoxville, TN - (677 Miles)

We knew at the start this was going to be a long day. Left Van Buren, AR at 8:00 AM and did not pull in to our hotel at 9:18 PM (we lost an additional hour when we entered Eastern TN). So far on this trip the scenery here in Tennessee is the best. It's very similar to Arkansas but it has hills and unfortunately,  recently,  more water. More importantly, it has wide sweeping turns that are perfect for the LT. It is so green and trees cover the towns. Some places you won't even notice homes behind the trees unless you take a very close look. We reached Nashville in the middle of rush hour and it sure looked like Los Angeles.

 Just leaving Van Buren, AR.





Arkansas Rest Area. By the way, we are taking pictures for comparison to our Rest Areas in CA. Just in case you're wondering.


More Arkansas scenery from I-40.


We saw an R1200GS Adventure at Oklahoma BMW Motorcycles. And today, this. Wilma says on our next trip this will be our bike. I think I'm the luckiest man alive.



Tennessee State Line, Memphis in the background.


Welcome to Tennessee.


Downtown Memphis.






People here must be very spiritual.


Noticed a lot of police activity and these unmarked cars, hmmmm. Maybe someone important is here because of the flood.


Tennessee scenery along I-40.


Another nice Tennessee Rest Area.


Casey Jones Train Museum.




Tennessee scenery along I-40.


This is what looks like an overfilled river.



Our current ride. Something's not right with this picture. I know, no hard bags on the side and a top trunk.


Is this a park? No, it's part of a Tennessee Rest Area.



We got stuck for over an hour in traffic outside Nashville on the I-40 due to flood clean up.


Have you ever seen a CHP officer doing this?


Looks like the 91 doesn't it?


Downtown Nashville, TN.


More Tennessee scenery on the I-40.



Like I mentioned before, they are very spiritual here.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing these pictures framed out of the window of a "cage" make me very sad. I know you guys will make the best of the trip still, and I'm glad you listened to your wife. I hope you left plenty of food and water for your butler on the LT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the frame, and I feel so claustrophobic in a car when driving through traffic too. Booked a nice hotel and left a credit card for the butler. He's taken cared of.

    ReplyDelete